- Why is your life about others?
- How much do you focus on others rather than yourself?
- Dryness - what are you nails like, what is your hair like? Is your hair falling out, what are your lips like?
- How light are your periods?
- Heat - do you get hot at night? Do you sweat at night? Are you restless? What is your sleep like?
Blood and Yin Deficiency
- Blood Deficiency = Dry (lack of substance)
- Blood and Yin is about the substance of the body - water is the main substance - water in blood
- Different from Qi deficiency as Qi is about function - Blood deficiency is about stuff - nutrients or water
- Blood Deficiency + Heat = Yin Deficiency
- Yin deficiency mean don’t have enough cold in the body so feel hot
- Examples of Blood Deficiency
- Nails Brittle, hair falling our - Liver Blood Deficiency
- Eyes dry, lips dry - Liver Blood Deficiency
- Dry Cough (lack of moisture in lungs) - Lu Blood Deficiency
- Ammenorrhea (not having periods) (lack of blood) - Liver Blood Deficiency
- Hormonal and moody (nutrients to create the hormones) - Liver Blood Deficiency
- Dizzy and poor sleep (could be hormonal which would be nutritional), memory - Ht Blood Deficiency
- What is causing heat?
- Qi Stag (stressed, fast metabolism) or Yin Deficiency (yin is cooling)
- Qi Stag or Excess yang - fast pulse - red all over
- Yin Deficiency - Pulse 70-80 bpm, tongue dry and thin, skin dry, red only on hands, feet, cheeks - or 5 palm heat - hands feet heart
- Check for signs
- Hot tongues cracks and / or red -
- Dry with cracks - yin deficient
- Restless, agitated, active but fatigued, emotions & anxious
- Dark red - stress - excess type of heat - more likely stagnation if also getting got
- Angry, frustrated, emotions held in
- Yin deficiency with more heat
- Difficultly being still and calm
- Difficulty sleeping
- More bleeding
- More thirst
- Agitation - thirsty - signs of heat
- Examples Yin Deficiency
- Hot and sweating at night - Ki Yin Deficiency
- 5 palm heat - Ki Yin Deficiency
- Anxious and cant stay still - Yin Deficiency
- Waking up at night and can’t get back to sleep - Yin Deficiency
- Can’t rest or relax, fidgets, restless, active but not necessarily focused, control, dominating, self aggrandising, not trusting, can’t nurture self, what I do not who I am, have to keep going, anxious, overly intense lifestyle, rigidity, emotional and moody, irritable
- Lack of blood - rigid, emotional and moody, intense, keep going, can’t nurture self, not trusting
- Heat aspect - fidget, restless, active, dominating,
- Inability to Rest, relax, be nurtured, to be about our selves,
- Focus on others more than myself
- Different to yang - focus on active something - the motivation is different
In terms of deficiency there is a spectrum of disease:
Yang def ← Qi def ← Health → Blood def → Yin def
One extreme is yang deficiency. The other is yin deficiency.
Qi deficiency is like yang deficiency but milder. Generally at that point there is not much cold but the client will be tired.
Blood deficiency is like yin deficiency but milder. Generally there is not much heat but the skin will show some signs of dryness (particularly nails, lips and hair). Sleep is often affected, particularly difficulty falling asleep.