Fear / Phobia / Inhibition (Ps21)
Fear relates to withdrawing or running away from danger. Fears tend to inhibit a person’s expression. Phobias are a type of anxiety disorder where people have persistent fear about an object or situation.Beneficial ForWorking on specific fears and phobias can help provide greater freedom and choice for clients.
- CH Digit Indicator - P/I/C - P/L
- Identify the fear, phobia or inhibition. Does it relate to:
- the goal
- a recent issue or emotion
- an activity
- an object
- an animal or insect etc.
- something else?
- Evaluate, on an analogue scale from 0-10, the intensity of the fear, phobia or inhibition or the stress it creates in the person’s life.
Find a time frame, check emotion charts, flower essences etc.
- Visualise fear, phobia or inhibition, act it out - P/L
- Get the client to feel where in the body the feel that feeling (use felt sense) P/L
- CH Age recession to establish specific trigger event – discuss with client
Make it as real as possible - but not to overwhelm them, build up in stages clearing as you go. Eg. You may need to start with a picture of a spider first then work up to the most real aspect slowly
- Have client focus on felt sense associated with the fear/phobia
- Hold ESR points while they sit with the feeling
- Re-evaluate the level of intensity related to the issue on the analogue scale from 0---10, if above 2 repeat process or IP/DI and clear
- Felt sense while thinking about the phobia/fearReferencesDeal S. Advanced Kinesiology p.75 Callahan R. www.tftrx.com